THE HIGH BAR® – STATEMENT OF PRIVACY
“Personal Information” includes any information that can be used on its own, or with other information, to identify or contact a single person or to identify an information in context. If we can link particular information to an individual, we will consider that information to be “Personal Information,” and we will protect it.
In case you have any questions or concerns after reading this privacy statement, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate your feedback.
THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you use the Services, we collect a variety of information, including Personal Information.
- Information you provide. When using the Services, you may provide information about yourself, such as your email, name, address and billing information. This may occur, for example, when you register for the Services, create a profile, engage The High Bar for Services or otherwise interact with the Services. You may also provide information about a third party through the Services, for example, if you refer a friend or colleague via email. We may combine this information with other information we collect from your interaction with the Services or from other companies.
PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- The High Bar Security. We take reasonable administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect the information that we collect from or about you from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. But please be aware that no method of transmitting information over the Internet or storing information is completely secure. If we learn of a security concern, we may notify you through the email address you have provided to us or send you a notification through the Services.
- Personal Device Security. You are responsible for protecting information stored on your personal device. The High Bar has no control over your device’s physical security or security settings, and it is your responsibility to establish any device-level security protections you feel are appropriate (e.g., password protection, encryption, remote wipe capability, etc.).
- Phishing Attacks. We will never send you an email requesting your account information, username, password, social security number or payment information, and you should never respond to any email requesting this information. If you do receive such an email, do not respond and do not click on any links or attachments found within. If you receive such an email purportedly from The High Bar, please notify us at email@example.com.
- Location of your Personal Information. We store the information we collect from you in the United States. If you are located outside the United States and choose to use our Sites, we may store and process the information you provide to us in the United States.
SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- With third parties that help to power our Services. The High Bar has a limited number of service providers and other third parties (“Business Partners”) that help us run various aspects of our business. These Business Partners are contractually bound to protect your Personal Information and to use it only for the limited purpose(s) for which it is shared. Such third-party uses may include, but are not limited to, the provision of services such as data hosting, IT services, and billing management.
- With third parties and the government when legal or enforcement issues arise. We may share your Personal Information, if reasonable and necessary, to (i) comply with legal processes or enforceable governmental requests, or as otherwise required by law; (ii) cooperate with third parties in investigating acts in violation of this Agreement; or (iii) bring legal action against someone who may be violating the Terms of Service or who may be causing intentional or unintentional injury or interference to the rights or property of The High Bar or any third party, including other customers.
- With third parties in the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of The High Bar’s corporate entity, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
We may also, from time to time, rent or sell aggregated data and/or other information that does not contain any personal identifiers (i.e., if the information has been anonymized by stripping out identifiers such as name, address, phone number, etc.). The purpose of this type of disclosure is to provide research institutions and other interested parties real-world information about the usefulness of engaging in bar examination preparation services.
We may send you emails about your account, searches, test preparation efforts, essay responses, test preparation progress, and The High Bar’s Bar Exam Preparation Services. If you opt-in to also receive marketing email messages, The High Bar may also send you communications with The High Bar-related news, surveys or promotions. If you do not want to receive alerts or marketing emails from us, you can click the unsubscribe link in the bottom of the unwanted email.
DELETING MY PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may delete your The High Bar account by clicking “Unsubscribe” on your Account View. We may keep a copy of your account information for our records.
INFORMATION SUBMISSION BY MINORS
The Sites and Services are meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from individuals under the age of 18, and the Services are not directed at individuals under the age of 13. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 13 has given us information, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to have the information removed. Please include the following subject line in your email: “COPPA Information Request.”